Friday, March 11, 2011

sigh


I started out my week in a pretty good state of mind but as the days went by my mood started to dwindle and now I'm feeling a little bummed out.

Right now my dad is traveling in India and is really sick which makes me sad.  Then there's the news of the devastating earthquake/tsunami in Japan.  Very sad.  And, although this is not really very important, there's a particular album out now of some very beautiful music, but after I really listened to the words I found that they were singing something that just goes against what I believe and now I can't, in good conscience, listen to their music anymore.  Sad and total bummer.

I don't even know why exactly I'm writing this blog post now.  Am I trying to bring everybody down?  Not intentionally.  I guess I am just venting.  Sorry. 

Not everything has been a complete downer this week.

There's this video (sorry about the commercial) that I love because she has an amazing voice - but mostly I think I like her because she looks just like my beautiful friend, Jyme, who I miss very much.

Then there's this video.  Thom, you are so wonderfully strange.  

This painting I love so much.  I wanted to buy it but unfortunately funds are tight right now.  Still, it is so lovely and it reminds me of where I used to live in California, see...


And finally, this quote, which Jen of Swallowfield digitally enhanced.

Ok.  I'm going to go paint now.

happy friday.

2 comments:

  1. I listened to both videos and have to say the Adele was very good and my thoughts of the dancing for the other guy...very...um...unique. I did, however, like the music :) Good choice. I am sitting in my quiet house...yes, everyone is asleep except me...and I am thinking to myself, "Why am I not sleeping?! Is there some crazy reason I feel I need to be awake?" Then I realize that it is nice to have peace and quiet and as soon as I finish messing around on the computer tonight I will be reading the last book of the Mitford Series by Jan Karon. I am happy!! And the painting is now sold, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome compliment Bob! I reall miss you too :(

    ReplyDelete